It’s this time of year that I begin to visualize what I want to gift friends and family for the holiday season. I usually put quite a bit of thought into the gift because I want it to feel personal for each person. I want them to feel my love for them as they open the gift and use it. Because I am a doTERRA wellness advocate, I’m always wanting to share the wonderful products doTERRA has to offer. And during this time of year, they come out with special holiday products specifically for gift giving and to help invite the holiday spirit into every person’s home. There is always something that fits perfectly for each of my loved ones.
Check out the doTERRA possibilities when thinking of gifts for your loved ones this holiday season.
Adaptiv Calming Bath Oil: Transform ordinary bath water into a tranquil sanctuary. Inhale the sweet citrusy aroma using a proprietary blend of oils to help calm and relax your mind as you prepare for bed. Enjoy the added benefits of deep hydration and nourishment to the skin. Just pour 2-3 caps full of oil into warm running water to create the milky bath paradise.
Adaptiv Calming Mist: Create a tranquil and comforting environment any time with just a spray or two in a room or on bedding or other household fabrics, including upholstery, carpets, and curtains. Take a deep breath in and enjoy the relaxing and renewing aroma of the calming mist.
Adaptogenic Hot Cocoa: Warm yourself up on a cold day with this creamy, rich comforting treat. With a blend of cocoa and milk, sweetened with Monk Fruit, a hint of Cinnamon Bark essential oil, and adaptogenic mushrooms, known for rejuvenating properties, this mix is delicious in water, milk, or your favorite plant milk. Just add 1 scoop to 8oz of your favorite hot beverage.
Desert Bloom Passive Diffuser: Perfect for a desk, next to a favorite chair, or on a bedside table, Desert Bloom slowly disperses your favorite essential oils into the air by simply putting a few drops on the bloom surface. They are absorbed into the tiny pores of the clay bottom and can be refreshed or changed again and again. No power needed!
dōTERRA Hope® Touch: An uplifting scent that combines Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense and Vanilly Bean Absolute. Keep it in your purse for a quick pick-me-up or roll on a sachet and keep in drawers or closets to give clothes a fresh scent. Even better, the entire $20 cost of the oil blend is donated to the Healing Hands Foundation, which supports efforts fighting against human-trafficking around the world.
dōTERRA Lemon-Lime Drops: Created with Lemon and Lime essential oils, these drops are sure to provide a bright and citrus flavor; it’s really the perfect balance of intense tart and sparkling sweet flavors. Just dissolve one drop slowly in the mouth to enjoy the freshness and to brighten your day.
dōTERRA Spa Rose Hand Lotion: A light, alluring lotion that promotes smooth, beautiful-glowing skin enhanced with the authentic and uplifting aroma of rose petals. The entire price of this product ($20) goes towards the Healing Hands Foundation too.
dōTERRA Tinted Lip Gloss: (available Dec 1st) An ultra-hydrating serum infused with Peppermint essential oil that leaves your lips shimmering with a touch of beautiful mauve color. It has an easy-to -use applicator and fits easily in your makeup bag, purse, or pocket.
dōTERRA® Cuisine Blend: (available Dec 1st) A quick and easy way to add vibrant flavor to your favorite recipes. This collection features three blends, Italian Blend, Mexican Blend, and Tropical Blend that are bursting with flavor. Let your imagination and taste buds be your guide!
Hikari Diffuser with Holiday Peace®: This modern, Asian-influenced diffuser transforms any room into a relaxing Zen environment and is a stylish way to make your home more comfortable and inviting. It features three optional light settings: light-free, dim warm, and bright warm, with a customizable output that has multiple time settings. This diffuser comes with the Holiday Peace blend that helps keep your home calm and merry during the holiday season.
Kali India Inspired Personal Aroma with Diffusing Scarf: (available Nov 16th) Kali provides a powerful, sweet fruity aroma that creates a unique-to-you personal fragrance. Rub in the palms of your hand and inhale deeply or add a few drops to the exclusive designed scarf’s five decorative lava rock diffusing beads. Kali and the Diffusing Scarf come in a cotton pouch, perfect for gift-giving.
Kintana Personal Aroma: (available Dec 1st) This blend of Ylang Ylang, Gardenia, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, and Clove create an intoxicating kaleidoscope of scents that is relaxing and uplifting. Spritz on to bare skin, pulse points or on your body right after taking a shower. The moisture on your skin will help lock in the scent.
Together Touch Blend: A refreshing, bright aroma from the harmony of Yuzu ad Magnolia essential oils. It benefits the skin and relaxes the body and mind, especially during times of worry and tension. Together is purifying, motivating and personally empowering. Roll on skin to promote a glowing complexion and to help relax the mind. Inhale for an elevating and rejuvenating experience.
doTERRA Serenity® Linen Mist: (available Dec 1st) A calming and comforting aroma that helps create a serene environment for bedtime. Mist your pillow or bedding before you go to sleep or to help promote rest and relaxation.
dōTERRA Ancient Oils Collection: This captivating collection includes six essential oils used by the most important people in the world in ancient times for health benefits and to improve well-being.
Myrrh 5 mL: Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued at its weight in gold because of its versatility and effectiveness. With countless applications, myrrh was used anciently for everything from medicine to religious purposes. Today, the resin extracted from the myrrh tree is transformed into an herbaceous, woody essential oil that captures all of the resin’s effectiveness. Whether you want to promote smooth, youthful-looking skin, promote emotional balance, or cleanse the body, Myrrh oil is a useful addition to your essential oil collection.
Emily Wright, Founding Executive at doTERRA, recently released a podcast on the ancient oils and talked specifically on how she likes to use Myrrh and Frankincense in her life. For Myrrh she uses it in a tea with a little bit of raw honey to soothe and provide relief to her vocal cords or to minimize the desire to cough. She also adds Myrrh to her leave-in conditioner, along with Ylang Ylang for a healthy shine. For female needs, she rubs Myrrh over her abdomen, or any reflex points, inside and outside of the ankles. She also recommends it for all things skin and tissue restoration. Just be sure to add Fractionated Coconut Oil since it is thick and sticky.
For Frankincense, Emily says, “I will use Frankincense on the back of my brain stem. I also will put a drop under my tongue morning and night. So that’s probably one of my favorite ways to use Frankincense because I need all the help in that area that I can possibly get. But for my son, he’s a football player, and he gets banged up as he’s playing all the time. So he loves to take Frankincense, and he’ll put it into a lotion or in with Fractionated Coconut Oil, and he’ll rub it [in] to provide that relief that he so desperately needs at that time. We’ll also rub it on his spine, on the bottoms of his feet.”
Here are some other benefits:
• Add 1-2 drops of Myrrh oil to your toothpaste when you want added cleansing benefits. Or, for an effective mouth rinse, combine one drop of Myrrh oil and two ounces of water. Gargle the rinse for 30 seconds for an extra clean feeling.
• For a youthful-looking complexion and a soothing sensation to the skin, add 1-2 drops of the oil to your daily lotion or moisturizer.
• Try diffusing Myrrh oil when you feel yourself or your environment becoming tense. It’s a popular oil to diffuse during the holidays because it can help maintain peaceful feelings throughout the home.
• Make a DIY Cuticle Cream to improve the health of your nails and give your nails the moisture they need. This concoction can also be used on the hands, lips, or any dry skin.
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons shea butter, 1 teaspoon beeswax, 1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil, 7 drops Myrrh.
Directions: In small glass container, combine shea butter, beeswax, and Fractionated Coconut Oil. Place in saucepan with 1–1 ½ inches of boiling water. Stir ingredients for 5–10 minutes until combined. Tip: Use a popsicle stick for easy cleanup. Once melted, remove from heat and let rest for three minutes. Add essential oils and stir. Pour into container and let harden for 2–3 hours. To use, just apply a small amount to cuticles and rub until absorbed.
Frankincense 5 mL: Known as the king of essential oils, Frankincense has a variety of notable uses and benefits. This powerful essential oil is revered for its ability to beautify and rejuvenate skin when applied topically, and to promote cellular health and immunity and produce a healthy inflammatory response when taken internally, among other benefits. With all of its many uses, there is no question as to why Frankincense was highly esteemed by ancient civilizations and used for the most sacred of practices. For some religions, Frankincense is correlated with one of the most prized possessions of ancient biblical times, as it was considered valuable enough to be given as a gift to Christ after his birth. Frankincense was also used during religious ceremonies for salves for soothing skin and perfume. The perfume or aroma that Frankincense emits promotes feelings of satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and overall wellness, which explains its unique value in ancient times. Just as in its treasured past, Frankincense essential oil is highly valued in the doTERRA community, especially because they source 4 different varieties. By bringing them all together, you get a greater complexity of properties, and thus, even more benefits.
• Try taking Frankincense essential oil internally by adding 1-2 drops in a Veggie capsule. This natural supplement will help support healthy cellular function, cognitive function, support brain cells and improve mental acuity.
• Whenever your hands are feeling or looking unmoisturized or marred by harsh weather, add a couple drops of Frankincense essential oil to the moisturizer of your choice to help hydrate and rejuvenate the skin.
• If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood. Try this amazing “Star in the East” diffuser blend and fill your home with a warm and peaceful aroma. Simply add 1 drop of Frankincense oil, 1 drop of Sandalwood oil, and 2 drops of Grapefruit oil to your diffuser for the perfect diffuser blend. The “Star in the East” blend works great for encouraging relaxation and uplifting mood.
• Enjoy a facial rejuvenation day with a DIY Clay Facial Mask. Your face will feel nourished and revitalized and will prove to be ideal for facial care. For best results, apply this mask to your skin once a week and enjoy that continual fresh facial glow.
Ingredients: 2 teaspoons bentonite clay, 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, 1 drop Frankincense, 1 drop Lavender, 1 drop Melaleuca.
Directions: Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined. Tip: For a thicker mask, add an additional half teaspoon of clay. Add essential oils. Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth. Let dry for 5–15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer.
Galbanum 5 mL: Galbanum oil’s capabilities did not take a long time to get noticed, with ancient civilizations putting this oil to use long ago. The Roman and Greek civilizations used it in incense sticks, bath water and cosmetics like balms and perfume. Meanwhile, the Egyptians used it for incense and cosmetics, as well as for embalming the dead. Some of these uses still continue today.
Galbanum essential oil has a detoxifying and rejuvenating effect on the skin. It is beneficial for skin inflammation, scar tissue, acne, cuts and mature skin and wrinkles. It can also be used as an insecticide to keep away mosquitoes and other parasites, such as head lice, fleas and bed bugs. The fresh earthy and woody aroma of Galbanum brings pleasure to mind and soul. It can be used in aromatherapy to help treat stress, anxious and melancholy feelings. Galbanum oil helps to stimulate the circulation. It can be beneficial for joint and muscle pain and muscle spasms. It is also known as an effective decongestant and is of benefit to coughs, colds and respiratory issues. Galbanum essential oil is also used to flavor food products like beverages, confectionaries, baked goods, gelatins and puddings, meats and meat products, snack foods and gravy.
Hyssop 2.5 mL: Hyssop, a member of mint family, was regarded by both the Greeks and the Hebrews as a sacred herb. It is mentioned several times in the Old Testament and is known as one of oldest herbs used by human beings. Today, hyssop is used for digestive and intestinal problems including liver and gallbladder conditions, intestinal pain and loss of appetite. It’s also used for respiratory issues in various ways, such as eliminating coughs, helping to prevent the common cold and soothing sore throats.
• To soothe the throat and respiratory system, drink hyssop tea or add a few drops of oil to your throat and chest.
• To treat skin irritations, burns, bruising and frostbite, dilute 2-3 drops hyssop with equal parts of a carrier oil before applying to the skin.
• To heal scars and wounds, add 2–3 drops of hyssop oil with equal parts carrier oil and apply the mixture to the specific area twice daily.
• To stimulate sweating and to lower body temperature, add 3–5 drops of hyssop oil to warm bath water. Or, to reduce body temperature, massage 2 drops of hyssop oil and a teaspoon of coconut oil into your feet.
• To clear clogged respiratory system, add 2–3 drops of hyssop oil to this Homemade Vapor Rub Recipe. Ingredients: ¼ cup olive oil, ½ cup coconut oil, ¼ cup grated bees wax, 20 drops peppermint, 20 drops eucalyptus, Glass jar. Directions: Pour the olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax into a jar. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium low heat. Place jar in saucepan and allow oils to melt. Stir to combine. Once combined, allow to cool slightly and add in essential oils. Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow to set.
• To treat a cough, add one drop of hyssop oil to this Homemade Cough Syrup. Ingredients: 1 drop Lemon, 1 drop Frankincense, 1 drop Peppermint, 1 drop Lavender, 1 spoonful raw honey, glass jar. Directions: Add the oils and honey to the jar. Mix contents and then consume and swallow.
• As a fragrance, hyssop oil can be added to soaps, lotions and body washes.
• For internal use, add 1–2 drops of hyssop to water and mix it with a smoothie. Only use very high-quality oil brands when used for consumption.
Cistus 5 mL: Also known as Rock Rose, Sun Rose, Rose of Sharon, and Labdanum, use of Cistus for perfume and incense was known in Biblical times. For centuries, Cistus has been used during meditation and for other benefits. Today, Cistus is known for its wound and skin healing abilities, as well as helping the skin look youthful. It also helps stop bleeding from a fresh wound, increases lymph drainage and can be used for coughs, colds and other respiratory issues. It works to relax the mind, calm the nerves and promote a sense of soothing and ease.
• To open breathing passages, fight infection and reduce cough, add a few drops to carrier oil and apply directly to the chest area.
• To speed up healing to scrapes, burns, or cute, add a few drops to carrier oil and apply directly to wounds.
• To alleviate inflammation in joints, apply topically as massage oil, applied gently to the joints.
Common Myrtle 5 mL: Common Myrtle, also known as Corsican pepper, has been used for thousands of years as a symbol of love, honor, happiness, and generosity. Its benefits were well known as early as 600 B.C. In the Bible, it was used in purification ceremonies. Today we use the calming aroma of Myrtle for a variety of health benefits too.
• It is very calming to the body and promotes a restful sleep. Diffuse at night. Or apply a drop to the back of the neck and pulse points before bed or as you experience stress or anxious feelings during the day.
• It relaxes the spasms that come with dry coughs. It helps sooth the respiratory tract and removes excess mucus, reducing irritation. Soak a cloth in a few drops of myrtle oil and very warm water. Place over chest area and cover with warm compress to calm and clear the breath. Or, apply a diluted blend to your chest or back.
• It effectively clears up acne and other skin problems. It helps skin cells heal faster, treats oily skin, tighten pores and reduces irritation. Bad cases of boils or white heads can be treated by using 10 ml (2 tsp.) of grape seed oil, 1 drop of wheat germ oil, and 7 drops of myrtle oil.
• Myrtle can help balance the thyroid and ovaries, regardless of whether they are under or over performing.
• It helps prevent infections and helps wound cleaning and healing.
• It promotes a clear mind and prevents the degradation of neural pathways that can lead to cognitive disorders. Use a drop of myrtle in your palms, rub vigorously and inhale deeply to clear and calm the mind.
• It can help ward off bad odor. Add diluted myrtle oil solution to water and use as spray.
Refer to this gift giving guide for more information.