After all the fun Easter holiday traditions are over, do you ever feel a little EMPTY inside?
For many, Easter is a time to dye eggs, hide them and send children in search of them. It’s a time to invite the traditional Easter bunny into our home to deliver Easter baskets filled with fun toys and surprises. It’s a time of GIVING candy, taking pictures, eating Peeps and FEASTING around the dinner table. It’s a day to mark the start of spring and CELEBRATE the rejuvenation of nature and the growing of green grass. While all these traditions are fun and memorable, the ones that will bring you the most joy will be the connections you make with others. Unless we recognize the true meaning of Easter, our attempts of feeling PEACE and JOY ends up being empty like a plastic egg or HOLLOW AS A CHOCOLATE EASTER BUNNY.
Easter is the annual celebration of Christ’s resurrection to life after his crucifixion and death. It is an opportunity for us to cultivate a spirit that defines who we are as Christians. It’s a reminder of the importance of living with joy by serving mankind and connecting with those we love.
Here are 3 ways to connect with others during the Easter season:
- Connect with CHILDREN:
- Sometimes the greatest joy is in the giving. Who doesn’t love to receive kind gestures? Cut out hearts or bunnies in all sizes and colors and have the kids write something special about each member of the family. Tape them on the bedroom doors to have for weeks to follow.
- Send your children on an Easter scavenger hunt. Instruct them to find items that symbolize different parts of the Easter story. Examples: a rock (the tomb), two sticks (the Cross), something red (blood), something white (a clean heart), something yellow (light of Christ).
- Take a morning walk around your neighborhood. Talk about how spring reminds us of the new life Jesus gives us. Point out the signs of new life that are starting to appear.
- Connect with NEIGHBORS:
- Be thoughtful. Leave a care package on a neighbor’s doorstep. It could be flowers, ice cream or even toilet paper. Leave a card with the item, letting them know how much they are loved.
- Volunteer. Before you run to the grocery store, drugstore or a restaurant to pick up takeout, call and ask your neighbor if they need you to pick up something for them.
- Don’t shy away from someone’s pain. Often when others are hurting, we don’t know what to say or how to act. But, instead of doing nothing, simply express your love for them by calling or sending them a card. Always show love even if you don’t understand what they’re going through.
- Connect with GOD:
- Take Peace and Console oils and find a quiet place to sit for a few minutes. Roll the oils in the palm of your hands. Then cupping your hands together, bring them to your nose and take in 3 deep breaths. Close your eyes and visualize yourself in your favorite place in nature. Thank God for individual blessings and pour your heart out to Him. Ask Him for guidance. Be quiet and listen to what He says. When you feel ready, open your eyes. Roll Console over your heart and think of this as a BIG HUG from God as you go about your day knowing he is there for you.
- Difficult circumstances and hard times are all part of life. Things happen beyond our control and understanding. That’s where faith comes in. Faith is a deliberate choice to believe God and walk through our fear, knowing we can trust Him every step of the way. Diffuse Console today. It will help you feel a sense of calmness and a reassurance that everything will be okay. Journal your thoughts.
- Go for a hike or watch a sunset. Bring your favorite essential oil with you (I love Citrus Bliss) and breathe it in. Notice how the aroma uplifts you, centers you and calms you all at the same time. Feel gratitude for these beautiful gifts of nature that have provided all of the benefits that the essential oils provide.
Let’s fill our heart and home with LOVE and JOY this Easter season. Let’s look out into the world with new eyes – God’s eyes. Feel the spirit of RENEWAL that enables us to show up with a positive attitude, to renew relationships that have been taken for granted and to express appreciation and affection to those closest to us. We can have stronger relationships with our family, others and God by continuing the traditional Easter traditions and by adding new ones that allow us to feel the peace and joy that the Easter season can bring.