Have you heard someone say, “If Momma ain’t happy, nobody’s happy?” I know I have!
And it’s true!
If Mom isn’t having a good day everyone knows it in one way or another.
Have you thought about if Mom isn’t feeling well, emotionally or physically, who takes up the slack? Who will make the meals, keep the house picked up, do the laundry, get the kids to school, console children, pay the bills? Who will flush the toilets, fill the dog bowl, empty children’s backpacks after school? Who will kiss the boo-boos and hug the hurt feelings away? Who will drive the car pools and make the meals for the neighbors? Who will constantly be looking for ways to make others feel happy and loved?
I think life would be utter chaos without mothers!
With all the different hats a mother wears, it is easy for her to feel stressed, burned out, exhausted and even ill. For life to feel happy and normal, a mother needs to take care of herself to ensure she is at her best–healthy, energized and ready to conquer the world each and every day. It’s no doubt that it is important for a mother to take time for herself so she can take care of everyone around her.
Mothers need to make a pact with their family to carve out time, even a few minutes, every day to fill their own bucket, to feel renewed, refreshed and energized. Here are some ideas on how to get started.
- Begin the 31 Days of Connection
Want to have a reminder everyday to take time for yourself? This is how to do it! You’ll receive an email everyday to give you ideas and remind you to take a moment for yourself to connect with God, yourself and others. Add doTERRA’s Emotional Aromatherapy Touch Kit to your self-care routine for an added benefit to help with the hard days, the awesome days, and all the ones in between.
- Focus on the physical
Getting your blood pumping and getting outside is a great way to feel refreshed. Pick what’s right for your fitness level.
- Take a walk around the block.
- Stretch or do some yoga.
- Paddleboard at a nearby lake.
- Take your bike out for a spin.
- Train for a 5K walk or fun run.
- Spend time in your garden.
- Give your brain a boost
- Write in your journal.
- Sketch something you love or pick up a coloring book.
- Meditate. Throw in your favorite citrus oil in the diffuser to help focus and release stress.
- Read a good book.
- Do a Sudoku puzzle.
- Pamper yourself
- Relax in a hot bath. Add some Epsom salt with Lavender or Wild Orange essential oil to help calm and soothe.
- Plan a spa day.
- Sneak in a nap.
- Splurge on your favorite flowers.
- Give yourself a facial.
- Find time for your friends
- Have lunch at a new restaurant.
- Go to a Paint Nite.
- Make a walking date.
- Go window shopping.
- Volunteer with a friend.
- Join a book club or mom’s group.
- Take a leap
Do something big that you’ve never done before, like:
- Go-cart racing.
- Visit a local landmark for the first time.
- Indoor rock climbing.
- Start writing your memoir.
- Hone your skills
- Up your cooking game by trying a new and different recipe.
- Get back into a sport you love.
- Take a painting or drawing class.
- Strum that guitar you’ve neglected.
- Get silly
- Sing along to your favorite music.
- Host a game night.
- Go see a comedy show.
- Dance in your living room.
The benefits of self-care are immeasurable! You will feel more energy than you ever have and your family will reap the benefits of a happier, healthier Mom. Start NOW! Choose something you will do today for YOU.
Get my 31 Days of Connection e-series for FREE! This has been such a simple yet powerful challenge for so many people. Get yours NOW!