Are you and your kids feeling AFRAID?
With all of this talk about a possible “pandemic” going around, it is easy to let that energy of fear take over. However, just like with anything in life there are certain things we CAN’T control while there is a lot that we CAN!
When my 21-year-old son expressed to me his true fears of what could happen with what the news media is sharing, I realized I needed to help validate his feelings and then empower him with encouragement on how to PREPARE mentally and physically. If we are feeling stressed, then our kids will surely pick up on that. Stress is one of the worst things that breaks our immune system down. We have so many ways of helping calm the body and boost the immune system, so let’s focus on what we CAN do!
I talked to my son about some basic steps we can take to ALWAYS keep our immune system strengthened, which includes washing our hands regularly, getting enough sleep, increased water intake, taking vitamins and probiotics, reducing toxic load on the body, reducing sugar and increasing fruits and veggies, and most of all…managing stress.
There’s a variety of ways to do this…and sometimes tuning out the media is a key way to not getting sucked into the fear and helping manage our stress levels. However, I found an article that just today came from the surgeon general entitled “We should not be afraid.” He urged us to have CALM TUESDAY, today! He also said, “We should be cautious and take appropriate measures to prepare and protect ourselves, but we should not be afraid. We’ve been through this before, and no place in the world is better prepared to handle this challenge.” What I get from this is, WE GOT THIS! It’s going to be ok! Just relax! 🙂
So, let’s join in on participating in CALM TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and every other day of the week! Let’s CHOOSE to focus on what we CAN do to help us feel calmer and more prepared to handle ANY kind of environmental threat that could come our way because there will ALWAYS be something “going around” that our bodies need to fight off. The BEST thing we can do is take care of ourselves first, help our children to be empowered on WHY it’s important to take care of their bodies too, and most importantly teach them NOT to be AFRAID by teaching them coping skills for life that would help them feel CALM no matter what CHALLENGE they may face!
I’ve included my favorite GO-TO’s that I use on a daily basis to help support my immune system and keep it strong and at its best. Using these products help me feel calm when environmental threats arise.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Purifies the air from toxins, can be used as a non-toxic cleanser, plus when taken internally, cleansing and digestive benefits for the body. One drop in your water provides a refreshing and healthy boost to your body every day.
- Lifelong Vitality Supplements: Full of essential nutrients, metabolism benefits and powerful antioxidants designed to help promote energy, health and lifelong vitality. Full dosage daily.
- Probiotic Defense Formula (PB Assist): A unique, safe and effective way to deliver the well-recognized digestive and immune system support benefits of probiotics. Daily Use.
- DigestZen TerraZyme Complex: Digestive enzymes that support the body’s constant production of enzymes critical for healthy digestion of food nutrients and cellular metabolism of nutrients to energy. Take 1-2 with every meal.
- Serenity Restful Blend: Provides a calming aroma that creates a restful environment at bedtime. Apply 1-2 drops to the hands and inhale throughout the day to help reduce life’s daily stressors, or diffuse at night to help quiet a restless mind.
Take the fear out of life’s threats by taking the necessary steps to boost your immunity and provide a CALM for yourself and your family. My passion is to help families become empowered with their own health and wellness. I’m happy to help you with yours too!