Did you know that “toxins” cause excess stress to the body and weaken your immune system?
Toxins come through the food we eat, the air we breathe and anything that contacts our skin. Right now, more than ever, we need to find ways to boost our immune system and minimize our toxic load. We can do this by Spring Cleaning our body!
Let’s focus on 5 WAYS to minimize our toxic load:
- CLEANSE AND RESTORE. doTERRA has created a system to help make toxic load reduction easy for everyone. The Cleanse & Restore Kit comes in the form of a 30-day renewing cleanse that consists of a series of innovative products that work with your innate cleansing processes. When combined with a healthy diet, the renewing cleanse works to maximize the health and efficiency of your vital cleansing organs so that you can minimize toxic load naturally and maintain the results long-term.
- NUTRITION. When you can, choose organic unprocessed foods. Many common foods we eat contain natural toxins. Keeping a varied diet and not eating the same foods daily is important. This yummy French Cucumber Salad recipe is healthy, refreshing, and bursting with wholesome, delicious flavors.
- SKIN CARE. Our skin is the largest organ. All that skin plays a key role in our well being because it serves as a protective barrier, helps to maintain stable body temperature and allows us the sense of touch. It acts as a passageway from the outside world into the bloodstream, so what we put on our skin can be absorbed by the body and enter our blood. OUR SKIN CAN ABSORB UP TO 60% OF WHAT WE SLATHER ONTO IT!
Knowing that our bodies absorb the personal care products we use, it’s important to give the ingredients a second look.
Below are a few of my favorite personal care products.
- doTERRA Salon Essentials Protecting Shampoo and Smoothing Conditioner is a hair-boosting duo that works to protect your scalp and hair while enriching it with doTERRA essential oils, giving your hair the healthy and smooth look it deserves.
- doTERRA Essential Skin Care is a family of skin care products designed to meet all your anti-aging, skin care needs, helping keep your skin feeling and looking young, healthy, and gorgeous by maximizing the natural power of essential oils.
- doTERRA SPA Refreshing Body Wash is a natural, oil-infused body wash that provides a rich cleansing and aromatic spa experience.
- STRESS. Emotional upset, worry or anxiety cause toxins to be released by the body. Take time to relax with whatever suits you, such as yoga, reading, warm baths or listening to gentle music. A great essential oil that helps me relax is Lavender. I just put one drop in the palm of my hands and rub together. Cupping my hands and holding them close to my nose, I take in 3 deep breaths, then rub the excess oil on the back of my neck.
- DRINK MORE WATER. Water flushes toxins and waste from the body and transports nutrients to where they are needed. Without enough water, our body can’t function properly. Drink 8-10 cups of water every day, which should be about ½ your body weight in ounces. Try adding Lemon essential oil for extra benefits!
It’s not all or nothing when it comes to health and wellness and transitioning to more of a non-toxic personal care and nutrition regimen. It is a process. When one of your old products runs out, use it as an opportunity to replace it with a clean alternative. The same goes with nutrition and other aspects of life. Start small and incorporate that into your life and then add more as time, money and energy allows. Once you begin making steps to minimizing your toxic load, you’ll notice a difference in the way you look and feel!
Get more ideas at https://bluestobliss.everydayhealthyhabits.com